The following is taken from an article written by Troy Miller. It was speaking about how we know if something is truth or not. I post it here as I find many people stating that Saturday is the Sabbath. But if they followed what the scripture says about knowing truth, they would see quite quickly how there cannot be a single day upon the calendar of Rome which matches His appointed times. For His calendar uses the sun, the moon, and the stars, not an international date line.
How can I know what truth is?
1. If I find a single text that says “thus saith Yahuwah”, (Deuteronomy 8:3b, Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8), it is truth, and I must obey His command whether there are 2-3 witnesses or not.
” … man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of Yahuwah.”
10 Yahshua said to him, “Go away, Satan! For it is written and forever remains written, ‘You shall worship Yahuwah thy Elohim, and serve Him only.’”
8 Yahshua replied to him, “It is written and forever remains written, ‘You shall worship Yahuwah thy Elohim and serve only Him.’”
2. If I find 2-3 witnesses, texts saying the same thing, (Genesis 41:32, Deuteronomy 19:15, II Corinthians 13:1) then it is absolute truth that I must admit, and comply with.
32 That the dream was repeated twice to Pharaoh [and in two different ways] indicates that this matter is fully determined andestablished by God, and God will bring it to pass very quickly.
15 “A single witness shall not appear in a trial against a man for any wrong or any sin which he has committed; [only] on the testimony or evidence of two or three witnesses shall a charge be confirmed.
2 Corinthians 13:1
1 This is the third time that I am visiting you. Every fact shall be sustained and confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses.
3. If I find a chain of texts where there is an unfolding of truth, one expounding upon the other, (Isaiah 28:9-10), it is truth that I am responsible for.
9 They say “To whom would He teach knowledge?
And to whom would He explain the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just taken from the breast?
“For He says,
‘Precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
Rule upon rule, rule upon rule,
Here a little, there a little.’”
4. If it agrees with the Torah and the prophets, neither adding nor subtracting anything, (Isaiah 8:20, Deuteronomy 4:2), it is the straight truth.
20 To the law and to the testimony! If their teachings are not in accord with this word, it is because they have no Light in them.
2 You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, so that you may keep the commandments of Yahuwah Elohim which I am commanding you.
5. A lack of all the above means that the thing is NOT true. If there is no “thus saith Yahuwah, no 2-3 witnesses, no chain of textual evidence and no support found in the Torah and the prophets, then it is false.
It is then my privilege to admit it and tell others that it has no foundation in truth.
6. Any historical evidence that agrees with Scripture is acceptable as supportive evidence to the truth.
Any historical record that disagrees with the evidence presented in Scripture is a lie of the highest order of magnitude.
You will find in this article as well, location in scripture where it refers to having two to three witnesses.